Purchase Management Advanced Search Query

Hi,

I’m using QuickFile to compile accounts for a business that has branches in two countries, and two corresponding accountants.

To make it clear which purchase transactions correspond to which countries I have labelled the purchases accordingly (e.g I put the word ‘France’ into every French purchase description bar).

Then I go to pull up all the transactions for French transactions by searching the term ‘France’ in Purchases/Advanced Search/Description but only some of the transactions appear, not all of them.

Can anyone tell me what’s going on here? Is there a better way to do this?

Help!

Thanks
Mal

Hi Mal,

I just wanted to confirm where you’re performing the search - is this on the purchase invoice management page, or the bank transaction page?

By searching for a word, providing it’s included in the fields you’re search (e.g. description, name etc.) it should show up in either scenario. I’ll wait to hear back from you and we’ll have a look in more detail.

Hi,

I’m going to Purchases in the top bar, then Show all purchases, then advanced search.

I’ve double checked and the word (actually ‘morzine’) is in all the descriptions of the transactions, but some of them don’t show up in the search…

The purchases that don’t show up are ones that I’ve retrospectively tagged with ‘morzine’ after inputting and tagging them. The ones where I included the word morzine whilst inputting them seem to all be there.

Weird…

Thanks for the information!

I’ve taken a quick look and I notice you’re adding the word ‘morzine’ at the end of the line. The description field actually only takes the first 35 characters of the top line, so anything longer will be discarded. However, looking through the list, nothing stands out as being cut off because of this limit. Do you have any example invoice numbers that you notice are missing?

One thing you may find easier is project tagging. You can specifically tag invoices to a related project tag and even pull up a profit and loss on each tag individually. There’s more on that here

Hi,

One example I’ve been using is purchase number QF02910 (alarm system morzine), which doesn’t appear when doing the ‘morzine’ advanced search. The description is around 20 characters long so it shouldn’t be omitted from the search results.

The project tagging idea sounds like exactly what I need - thanks for the suggestion.

Malcolm

Thanks for the info!

I’ll refer this to our development team. As far as I can see, this should be included in the results, but I may be missing something.

I’ll update you when we have more info

Thank you for the help

1 Like

Hi @Malcolm_Finnie

Just a quick update to let you know we’ve made a change to the advanced search, which should now pick up the entries it didn’t before.

Can you give it a go please and let me know if that works all OK for you?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.