Reconciling Lump sum cash paid in - Room rent and client fees

Hi,

I just wondered if anyone could advise me please.

We run a Counselling service whereby therapists see clients. At each session the therapist pays a room fee to us and the client pays a session fee to us. The therapist then presents that to us in a payment envelope, with the fees broken down, so we know what it’s for. Ie room fee and client session fee.

At the end of each week, we end up with a lump sum of cash to pay into the current account.

We have set up on our QuickFile system, a Room rent account. Our previous accounts person used to move it in and out of this account to and from the current account and then add a transaction as ‘therapist name £6 and the date it was paid and then created invoices for each therapist to reconcile it.

I haven’t worked out how to log the session fee yet?

To me, this just seems a massive long winded way of doing it, as we’ve got the envelopes as a paper trail and therapists don’t in particular request invoices or receipts Barr the odd couple.

My questions are;

Is there an easier way to log the lump sum of money , which each week, is a combination of room rent and client session fees? Based on the above?

Thanks

Hi @ej2012,

You may find that the cash register tool could work for you? Cash Register Tool with regards to the cash takings etc.

Hi, thank you.

Would it be best to use the cash register tool for the client fees, or room fees, or both? Also, if for example a therapist did want a receipt or a client, how could I give them one, if I am using the cash register facility?

We have a dummy bank account set up that is called Room rent, how could I transfer all that is in there to date, into the cash register from now on?

Thanks

The cash register tool just allows you to accumulate your days takings into one lump sum, it would then sit in a cash account until it’s banked and transferred into a bank account.

I wouldn’t like to say the best way to invoice for these as I have no practical experience with anything similar, but one of the other users on here may be able to offer you some suggestions?

Sadly the cash register tool won’t really work for this as both columns have to use the same nominal. What the OP wants is two cash columns for different nominals.(which would be a nice to have for me too).

My approach would be a single bank account for cash. Depending on how you want to record the therapists either have a single generic supplier account or one for each therapist. You need separate nominals for room fees and session fees.

With a single generic supplier, create an invoice at the end of the day, enter the two values for each therapist under their separate nominals (use inventory items to avoid mistakes). Check that the cash from the envelopes matches the total on the invoice, flag the invoice as paid and put the cash in the safe.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.