Recurring or template Journal

I am new to quickfile. I want to set up either a template journal or recurring journal that can be amended each month. Amendments may include, amend value amounts but also add or delete an account code as income or expense has not occurred. . Knowledge bases documents recurring journal but doe not state if it can be amended. Journal is required as one net amount is received into the bank account but this has to be allocated to different expenses and income codes and these are variable

Hello @Brims

There is no journal template function unfortunately.

There is a feature request for this already, please feel free to add your vote

Alternatively it might make more sense to model this as a merchant bank account - log the various different income and expense items as they arise during the month and then tag the net settlement payment as a bank transfer from the merchant account to your current account.

In particular if you are (or become) VAT registered then you will have to model it this way as journals are not considered by QuickFile when building a VAT return, only actual sales and purchase invoices and their associated “payment from customer / to supplier” transactions.

I cannot see how that will work as the net income is paid into the current account. There are other types of income that go through the current account. The issue is that there will then be 12 + transactions for one receipt, not good for bank recs and audit trail matching.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.