Restore account data from back up

I have lost all my data on my account, can anyone give me advice on how to restore from the cloud ?

Hi @bjohnson2

There isn’t a complete ‘restore’ option (mainly down to the technicalities behind it, see here), but you can import data from the CSV files if you have a back up from QuickFile.

You can find the import option under Account Settings > Import Data.

I hope that helps, but if you do need further assistance, then please don’t hesitate to ask

Hi
Thanks for the response. Can you tell me where I can find the back uo file to import them

Did you enable the back ups on your account?

We send them either by email or to your Dropbox account, but this depends on your settings (under Account Settings > All Settings > Weekly/Monthly backups). This would need to have been enabled when the data was on the account.

If you don’t have a backup, how was the original data deleted?

Hi

I dont have a back up schedule set up but I see a back up generated by quickfile.

My computer had a massive crash and I lost the data and lots of other stuff

The account is now totally empty !!

Regards

Brian

Your computer crashing wouldn’t affect QuickFile (that’s the joys of the cloud! :slight_smile: )

I can see you have 2 accounts on the system - one sole trader, one limited company, both accessed recently, but one account is empty.

Are you logging into the correct account? Are you able to confirm which one is correct please (ST or Ltd) and perhaps I can point you in the right direction? I’m wondering if it’s just the case that you’re using the wrong log in page.

Hi

It should be the ST account

Regards

Brian

1 Like

That’s the one that is empty, but the ltd company account has been used recently (5th February was the last entry).

Do you want to send me a private message with your email address that you’re using? I’ve actually found 3 accounts under the same business name.

Click my name, and then ‘Message’