Sales Invoice discount feature

I do like the new discount feature mentioned here Time for a ‘proper’ discount line , and it could possibly save me a lot of time, but the one thing that’s a pain with it is it applies it to the whole invoice including the postage for retail shops like mine.

Is there a plan to include a discount each line or have a portion of the invoice that it doesn’t apply the discount to?

Would be really handy for webshops etc I think

Many thanks

You can’t discount each line individually, but you can add a new line to apply discount, as shown here:
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/discount-for-customer/1189/3?u=parker1090

Sorry parker I don’t understand, wouldn’t that apply the discount to the whole invoice aswell?

What i’m trying to describe is products at say a 35% from retail discount but the postage remains at the correct rate?

for example
Item 1 > 35%
Item 2 > 35%
Postage > correct rate
Sub - Total
VAT
Discounted Total
Discounted VAT
Total in GBP

Could I also make a suggestion that we could have a default percentage off rate in the client settings as some of my client have different rates to others so this would save time looking them up.

Given your example you would enter it like this.

The discount percentage box applies only globally to the whole invoice.

We don’t at this stage have any plans to add a percentage discount option to the line item level.

1 Like

I know invoices aren’t supposed to look pretty but I think I’ll just keep a note of everyone discount and list the 35% in the description and apply it manually in the unit cost. Just looks better I think.

Customers can have up to 10 items in their basket sometimes

Thanks for your help though chaps :wink:

Oh, and keep a note of the percent discount in the FAX number box :smile:

1 Like

Hi Glenn, I don’t seem to have “Distribution and Carriage” in my category drop down? Anyway i can add it please?

Any pointers appreciated :smile:

If you click the little ‘?’ on the line, it would appear as a separate drop down there.

It doesn’t come up when creating a sales invoice though?

Have added a “Postage and Packaging” line in the sales nominal codes section but thanks for the reply Parker.

EDIT , Forget that, was just blind :smiley:

I just had a quick look at your account and it does appear there for me. It’s a system code so it should be visible on every account.

Yep I found it Glenn, should have gone to specsavers!!!

2 Likes