Sales invoice upload not working

Hi

I’m trying to complete my set up by importing my records for the years so far.

I’ve created a CSV file and tried to upload but I get an error message on multiple lines telling me the “nominal account code error. Bank Account should be a UK account”.

This error is appearing on some lines only and in places where I have entered the default nominal account code (1200 - GBP is shown in Settings) and in some instances where the account is a Euro account and the nominal code (1203) is correctly shown in settings as EUR. I’ve tried it about 10 times now but still keeps returning the same errors and I can’t figure it out.

Anyone got any ideas ?

If the error says the bank account should be a UK account and you have a non-UK account then I would imagine that would be the issue.

Thanks for the reply, but I don’t think this is the answer as I have both GBP and Euro accounts and the relevant nominal codes. The error is occurring for some transactions where a GBP account nominal code is used for GBP transactions and also for some transactions where a EUR account nominal code is used for a EUR transaction. So the correct nominal code is associated with the transactions but the error is still occurring even where the GBP nominal code is used. It is only occurring fort about 10 transactions out of 100 with no obvious difference that I can work out but it prevents the file from being processed.

I seem to have misunderstood the OP the first time round, I see what you were saying now.

Hi @Alanc1

I’m afraid importing invoices in a foreign currency via the CSV upload isn’t supported at the moment.

Take a look at this post which shows a few alternatives that you could use:
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/importing-foreign-currency-sales-from-a-csv/3657/2?u=qfsupport

As for the errors on GBP lines, if you want to remove the EUR lines and retry it, hopefully it’ll work. If not, you’re welcome to send me a private message (click my name and then ‘Message’) with the file, and I’ll see if I can find any issues.

Thank you, will try the methods you suggested.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.