Seeking clarity with Affinity

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s my understanding that you can attach another individual QuickFile account to Affinity. So, the expression of attaching and detaching an account is the same as coupling or decoupling?

So, the client/user gives you permission to access their accounts, and in Affinity terms that means attaching and accessing the data within the client/user? Is that correct?

So, could you also assemble someone else’s accounts entirely within Affinity and then later detach it? If so, how does that work?

Stuart

Hi @StuartNorfolk

Yes, that’s correct.

You can attach a new or existing QuickFile account from your Affinity dashboard, as well as detaching it. There are details on how to do this here: QuickFile Affinity overview

However, it’s worth noting that if you set up the account from Affinity, you will need to assign another user as the administrator before disconnecting the account.

Hope that helps!

Thank you, Matthew.

So, do I understand that, in the example of a client coming to me with a wish to have his accounts done. I can set him up within Affinity, do his end of year P&L, Balance Sheet, everything? But wouldn’t it be more economical to get him setup separately and then attach him when it came to end-of-year processing presuming he wants me to do this, yes?

So, Affinity is like a container, but with full functionality.

One last question. Once the client has given me permission to attach his accounts, will I always then have access until he/she withdraws it?

Stuart

It depends on how you want to work it. Typically, if someone is coming to you to do their year end process, the data would already be on QuickFile so they’d already have the account.

If you’re taking on a new client from scratch, then it could be better to set them up as a new profile to give them a helping hand.

It’s worth remembering that you only pay for the time the account is connected, so if you’re only dealing with them for the year end, you’ll probably find it more beneficial for them to open the account.

Either of you can disconnect the account. But yes, it’ll remain connected either you or the client withdraws access.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.