Segmented P&L date range not matching P&L Report

Looking at the segmented profit & loss report by year - the 2015-16 period isn’t matching the standard P&L report.

The previous year also doesn’t match the P&L for that accounting year

What it’s doing here is when you switch to annual reporting it’s taking your year-end dates saved on QF and then adjusting to the nearest whole month. So it’s actually reporting as follows:

1/7/2014 - 30/6/2015 labelled as 2014 - 2015
1/7/2015 - 30/6/2016 labelled as 2015 - 2016

This is all well and good for LTDs but ideally for sole traders it should take into account the exact period specified in your case 23/06/2015 to 22/06/2016. It should also show the exact dates used on a tooltip.

We’ll get this looked at very soon and update you. All other reporting periods on the segmented P&L should be fine.

My Financial Year is from April to March each year however the Quarterly Reporting functionality does not follow the same date range. Is this the same issue as above?

The quarterly reporting works on calendar year quarters e.g.

Jan - Mar
Apr - Jun
Jul - Sep
Oct - Dec

That should match up with the calendar year quarters, what exactly are you seeing?

Hi Glenn

I think what MichaelG is asking that the quarterly and monthly splits should follow the accounting year in the system (rather then calendar year).
Logically, when one wants monthly/quarterly breakdown of the annual figure, they are looking for that particular annual figure to be divided into 4 or 12 periods. I reckon it will be quite confusing especially for non-accountant to not see this in the breakdown.

Please see my post from December 2016 here:

Many thanks

I presumed so yes and it’s something that we can probably handle without much difficulty. I will refer this for now.

Just in the case of @MichaelG, his period fits in with the calendar quarters.

1 Like

Thank you!

All the best
Sameera

Hi Glen, my Financial year does not fit with the caledar year and hence what Sameer is saying clarifies what I really want. I want the 1st quarter to start 1st April , 2nd Quarter to start 1st July etc etc. Thanks Sameer for clarifying and Glen for reacting.

2 Likes