Splitting payments to 2 customers

Hi guys,

Quick question. I have uploaded my recent bank statement and one of the amounts has to be tagged into 2 different customers at different amounts. I have tried to pay down multiple invoice tab, but i cant semm to access the remaining amount to pay the remaining money down into an account. how do i go about this please?

Many Thanks

Hi @dynamic_v

In short - you’re not able to tag one payment to more than one supplier or client.

There was a post discussing this recently. Although it references payments to a supplier, the concept would be the same for clients (except backwards - money in would become money out, etc.)

Of course, if you need further help, please don’t hesitate to ask

so how do i rectify it? Need to pay seperate customers from an amount i logged into my bank account?

It’s explained in the topic I linked to above - basically you need to either split it, or set up a dummy bank account (it depends on how often it happens)

so do i simply delete the transaction on my bank statement in quickfile and create the 2 transactions?

That’s correct.

If you have, for example, £100 that you want to split 60/40, you would delete the £100 transaction and create one for £40 and one for £60.

The balance remains the same on your bank account, and you can tag the individual transactions to separate clients.

But if i delete my balance showing beside the amount to be split, does that get lost from my balance?

The balance column is calculated by the system, it’s not tied to any transactions.

One single transaction line consists of - date, description, amount (either money in or money out).

If you’re splitting, like in the example above, £100, you’re deleting the £100 line and adding 2 lines for £60 and £40. The value is still teh same, it’s just shown differently (2 transactions compared to 1)

Sorted ! Thanks alot !!

1 Like