Sports shoes as PPE?

Hi,

Would sports shoes be classed as PPE? If so what nominal code would it come under? I’m trying to figure out if my trainers for my sole trading Personal Training company could be an expense? Any advise on this would be great!

Thanks

Leigh

Clothing costs? I can’t check now but I’m pretty sure that’s one of the standard nominals, for things like uniforms, etc. If you feel comfortable telling the taxman that the purchase is wholly and exclusively business related (you only use the shoes when you’re doing a training session and wouldn’t have bought them otherwise) then claim the whole value. If you make personal use of them too (your own training runs when you’re not with a client) then maybe claim 80% or whatever you feel is justifiable.

As @ian_roberts mentions, there is a nominal for clothes - 8202.

If you wish to log them as part business, part personal, there’s a recent topic which may help with this:
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/shared-consumables-between-business-and-personal-use/12112?u=qfsupport

Hope that helps, but please let me know if you need any further help :slight_smile:

1 Like

PPE and clothes are different though, training shoes are not PPE.

1 Like

I would suggest the running shoes are classed as clothing and therefore not allowable unless they have a brand name on them. This is due to their duality of purpose ie they have uses other tha. As uniform.

Kind regards,
Chris

1 Like