Stripe Payment Gateway QuickFile invoice integration (Guide to come)

Hi everyone, new to the forum and hope this is in the correct place and isn’t a duplicate post (although I have had a look through and couldn’t find anything similar)

We use QuickFile for our invoicing and bookkeeping and we’re finding our clients are looking to pay their bills online, as a web development company I’ve decided that we’re going to take the opportunity to make the integration and payment gateway implementation ourselves.

The solution will go as follows:

1. Customer enters invoice number and amount due.

2. PHP connects to QuickFile API and checks if a matching inv# and amount exist.

3. If the above is true then the visitor gets greeted with a page where they can enter their card derails

4. Upon doing so and the payment being confirmed another communication is made back to QuickFile to mark the payment against their account.

5. A notification is sent to them via email saying that the payment has been made (maybe even an attached paid invoice)

I will be adding more information as we get further through implementing this solution and hopefully it will come in handy for people in the future. If you have any questions or suggestions then please post them below… :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi @Plexaweb

Thank you for your post! It’s great to hear of solutions being developed around QuickFile, and we’re happy to offer support around this as much as we can :slight_smile:

Regarding Stripe - this is one of the solutions we’ve already integrated into QuickFile (More info here: New Stripe Integration). Were you looking to build on this further?

I understand with the integration currently provided customers get a link to the QuickFile website where they can pay by various different integrated payment providers. With this method that we will be writing up the business that has created the invoice will be able to send customers straight to their website and communicate with QuickFile and Stripe to get everything put through, the only real advantage would be that the customers are going to the businesses domain to make payments. I think it would have a lot of potential with businesses offering online portals for their customers as they wouldn’t be going from the portal to QuickFile and back again, the only thing I didn’t seem to see in the API guide was if there was a way of allocating a payment to an invoice. Is this possible?

If you pass an InvoiceID to the Payment_Create operation it will create the payment and attach it to the relevant invoice.

1 Like