Supplier Pre Payment

I’m trying to pay some supplier invoices, however I can’t seem to allocate the pre-payment they have on their account to the payment - can someone explain how this is done?

Thanks in advance.

Kathy

Hi @adhdcentre

To allocate a prepayment, go to the invoice that you wish to use the prepayment against, click ‘Log Payment’, and you’ll see a Apply from credit option:

Tick this and save it, and it will apply the credit up to the balance of the invoice, or the total value of the credit (whichever is greatest).

I hope that helps!

Thank you for the reply - I actually need to use the pre-payment against paying a number of invoices rather than a single one - is there a way to do this?

Unfortunately you’re not able to break the prepayment down to smaller amounts to use against multiple invoices. However, if the prepayment is greater than the invoice balance, the remaining amount will still be a prepayment.

For example, if you have an invoice for £50, and a pre-payment for £200, paying off the £50 will leave a £150 prepayment balance.
If you then use the remaining £150 against an invoice worth £175, the prepayment will have been used up, but a balance of £25 will remain on the invoice.

I hope that makes sense?

[Edit]
I’ve found this topic which may help in your situation:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.