Suspence Account - how do I handle personal transactions?

Hello,

I have only one personal bank account that I am using for all my income and spendings: private, selfemployment and employment. I have noticed I have all personal spending in suspense account. These don’t count in my income and sales from work. In another online system I didn’t have to tag anything that had nothing to do with business. How does it work with QuickFile? Do I need to tag all transactions? How do I do it with personal items?

Thank you

You can either delete all non-business transactions completely (which means your balance won’t match the bank but your P&L will be correct) or tag anything that isn’t business as a transfer to or from proprietor drawings as appropriate (which tracks movements of money between “you” and “the business”)

1 Like

hi,

can I do that for all transactions with few clicks or I need to do it for each transaction separately. Is there some tutorial how to do move them to proprietor drawings account?

Thank you

Hello @Liliana_Sokolowska

From the bank statement you should be able to select multiple transactions and use the bulk tag option at the top of the page.