Switching to Open Banking

Hi @Will_Nicholls

If you refresh the page and try again, do you still see the same message?

Yes, same message. “We’re sorry but the Yodlee Service did not respond. Please try again shortly.”

Hi @Will_Nicholls

One thing to double check is how the bank account is set up.

Do you see the bank logo when viewing the bank statement in QuickFile, or do you see a grey icon? If it’s the icon, go to More Options >> Settings and set the name of the bank there (from “Other” to the correct one).

This is used to help with the link up through Open Banking.

That fixed it, thanks

1 Like

Hang on… I currently have a live feed to cater allen. IIRC I pay for this service, and now you are not even listing them as something you are going to add? This is not good. The whole reason I even set up a quickfile account was to do this (and am paying for it), Why on earth would you turn off my feed before you provide a replacement???

Hi @Cliff_Harris

Apologies for any confusion.

Cater Allen will be supported through Open Banking once they have released it. Until then, Yodlee will continue to work.

This post from my colleague @Glenn, posted yesterday, may be of interest:

If you could let me know what list you’re referring to, I’ll get this updated.

The list of supported banks doesn’t seem right. The following aren’t available in Account Settings -> Open Banking -> Connect a bank:

Royal Bank of Scotland (duplicate with BOS?)
Nationwide

What’s happened to Nationwide?

I am currently using Yodlee for a HSBC bank feed in France. Is there anything particular I would need to do?

Are HSBC BUSINESS supported of just the personal bank accounts?

@jwiltshire RBS and BOS are two different banks, both are supported via Open Banking, as is Nationwide.

@gbhec this should continue to work after 14th, it’s not part of our Open Banking migration.

@Daniel_Green yes HSBC personal and business accounts are already supported via our Open Banking feeds.

I have remove the ols yodel feed and installed the new feeds; however, when I look at Ba

nk Feed details there are still references to yodel ?

this is fine if the client has had yodlee bank feed ive set up one client but ive got another 15 which i want to have bank feeds on but it keeps going to the new subscription sign up to paying 15 plus vat to yodlee bank feeds .i have changed over 1 client who had yodlee which was easy but when no bank feed set up it dont work how do i get around this issue,ive tried what you suggested.

Yesterday I successfully removed the Yodlee Feed and set up the Open Banking Feed with Santander.

Today the Open Banking Feed is not working and the error message is ‘No Connectivity’. How do I proceed please.

If they didn’t have any bank feed subscription before then they will need to pay the £15 if they want to start using a feed (the £15 covers both Yodlee and Open Banking feeds). But if they’re happy not using a feed at all then they don’t have to start now.

@John_Charnock - Can I just check, were you prompted to set up an Open Banking feed? If not, check the logo on the bank statement view - it should show the logo of the bank. If you only see an icon, you will need to set the bank in the settings first (More Options >> Settings).

@ABDB - We are aware of an issue with the Santander Open Banking feeds which was affecting all users (not just on QuickFile). However, this has since been rectified.

Hi John, I set up the Open Banking Feed as it was recommended in the e-mail that you sent to me.

Thanks Mathew, it is working perfectly now, my bank transactions have just been downloaded.

2 Likes

Hello, I’m having trouble connecting to First Direct via Open Banking.

I previously used Yodlee so I have ‘disconnected’ my 2 accounts from the Yodlee feed.

I then try to connect my main current account at First Direct via Open Banking - I get taken to an HSBC(parent group) page where I enter my user name and re-authentication code which is successful and gives a message saying so. I am then taken back the the QuickFile Open Banking page where there is an error message -

“First Direct authorisation server returned an error: Authorisation request hasn’t been approved”

First%20Direct%20server%20authentiaction%20error|690x257

I have spent some extensive time on the phone with First Direct and they assure me that the authentication has been approved at their end…??

Any thoughts

cheers

neil

(edited: spelling)

Hi @neilpercy

Just to confirm, when you went through the authorisation process, did you select the accounts you wanted to grant access to before being returned to QuickFile?

Hi Matthew - yes, I selected one of the current accounts to grant access and then returned to Quickfile after a confirmation/success message.

neil