Systme Emails Looking Like Scammers, Help!

Hi Team, Im getting alot of my clients thinking they are receiving scam emails because they are receiving my emails from quickfile like this, with a dodgy reply to text…

Date: 23 June 2021 at 1:42:43 pm BST
To: CONFIDENTIAL
Subject: Damage Deposit Invoice 034502SD
Reply-To: pikupovs_6131457980@post.quickfile.co.uk

How can this be changed please? I have looked in my settings and it says my default email is my email address.

Thank you
Charlie

Hi @littlelotty

The only way to change this would be to use your own SMTP settings: Sending mail from your own SMTP Server

Your link you have attached says you will show our own email address in the reply to area though, and it doesnt? It shows a dodgy looking Reply-To: pikupovs_6131457980@post.quickfile.co.uk

If your smtp settings are correct it won’t show that reply to address.

Thank you just looking at that in the settings, how do i know what my SMTP server details are?
Sorry the main reason ive stuck with QF so long is I am useless with all this stuff and its always been so straight forward

Hi @littlelotty

Your SMTP settings would depend on what you use for your emails. But they would typically be the same regardless of where you use them.

For example, if you use your emails on your phone, the SMTP settings would be the same on your phone as you would enter on QuickFile.

Who do you use for your emails?

Thanks so much for helping! I have a Gmail address and I use outlook on my laptop to read them and the samsung phone app to read them on my phone… is that what you mean?

Hi @littlelotty

If you have a gmail address then it is the gmail settings that you’ll need to use - if you don’t know the settings you need then if you have a quick search on the internet it should bring up the port numbers you’ll need etc

If not done, you can find your smtp settings in quickfile under https://yourcompany.quickfile.co.uk/account/smtpSettings - replace yourcompany with your details.
You said you use outlook and the samsung app - in both apps you can look for the settings. Just copy these settings to quickfile and it should work.
Here is a google help page which is maybe useful for you: Check Gmail through other email platforms - Gmail Help

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.