Tag Bank credit to more than one customer

When I send several cheques to my bank, they list them as a single payment. This is imported to QF as one amount. There seems to be no way of allocating this to more than one customer. I have tried deleting the payment and tagging from the customer invoice to the Bank Account. The problem is that the bank feed doesn’t know I have done that and downloads the payment into the bank account again. I cannot work out how to resolve this. Surely it must be possible to allocate from the bank account to several customers but I can’t see how. HELP!

Hi @DuncanH

There are 2 ways you can do this:

• Delete the one transaction and create multiple smaller ones, or
  • Create a holding account

There’s more details on this in our knowledge base which may help: Processing split payments to different customers

Thank you Mathew… Deleting the transaction and creating several smaller ones worked perfectly. I was expecting the Bank Feed to send the original transaction again but it didn’t presumably because the replacement transactions were the same value as the original one. I am pleased with the result.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.