Team management restrictions - view all estimates

When restricting the access for a member, I’d want them to have access to clients (view/create) and estimates (view/create).

After ticking what appears descriptively to be the correct options, the member cannot see estimates option on the left to view all estimates.

Is this possible and am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.

Ticking the box means they cannot access that function.

It states at the top of the permissions box ‘Features enabled for …’ - unticking the box doesn’t allow the access either and ticking boxes for other options allows access to other areas. So that can’t be correct.

Yes, now you mention it I do remember this being changed recently, although the knowledgebase article still refers to the old method so I’m not so sure myself now!

Hi @AndyT, I have replicated that issue and passed it on to the development team.

I will update you when it is resolved.

EDIT:

Ticking the boxes enables the function specified.

I am working under assumption that in order to give the team member access to the features you mentioned the following options were selected:

“View/modify” option allows access to specific records but not to the overview screen:

There’s a case of word “specific” that was left out (accidentally) from the option “View/modify sales invoice and estimate records” as it should read “View/modify specific sales invoice and estimate records”.That might have been confusing and we are amending that.

To enable your team member to access client/invoice management screen you will select:

Thanks Peter.

The problem now lies with that having done that, far too much information is available via the dashboard area. For a remote sales person, the ability to see only estimates alongside the previously mentioned creation abilities would be ideal.

I understand if that’s not something you wish to provide.

Thanks again.

I do understand your point however I’m not certain whether additional functionality would be implemented here, at least not in the short term.

In the meantime I will pass your comments on to the development team and see if we can potentially convert this thread to the feature request.

Thanks Peter, appreciate the help.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.