The client do not send send data for invoice

Hello.
If I receive money from a client but he didn’t send me data for invoice, what option I have?
Thank you!

Hi @Vasile_Pascuta

Why has the client sent you the money? Is it a deposit for example?

I’m just trying to understand the situation a bit better so I can hopefully advise you of the best way to record this.

I received money from a client for my work.

Hi @Vasile_Pascuta

In that case, if you haven’t already, you should just invoice them for the work as normal. If you need to create this invoice, you can do so under Sales > Create New Invoice.

If you need help doing this, please let me know.

I try to explain, that the client doesn’t send me their data (I asked him about that and I don’t have any answer), company name and the address etc. How can I make an invoice without this data? What option I have?

I want to make an invoice to can declare the money. It is mandatory to sent an invoice to my client if he has sent me already the money and is not interested in one?

Are you able to provide any more information please?

Are you VAT registered?
How much money is it approximately (not looking for exact figures, but £10 is different from £1,000)

About £200, I’m not VAT registered.

Your two options really.

1. Post the money directly to the sales nominal code from the bank statement. Click ‘Tag me!’, and select ‘Something else not on the list’

Fill out the description and post it to 4000 General Sales (or another sales related nominal code).

2. Create a new client called something like ‘Generic Sales’, create an invoice with the details, and tag the payment to that invoice as you normally would.

Thank you!

So I understood, it is not necessary to send the invoice to my client if I choose the option 2?

Can I use the data connected to their email address (the name of the company is in the email addres) found on google?

You don’t need to send the invoice. If you think of a retail outlet for example, they don’t issue any invoices. Option 2 is often used by shops who use QuickFile.

I’d always recommend to have copies of the invoice just in case there are ever any questions raised by HMRC in the future. What I would suggest, is perhaps send the emails between you and your client to QuickFile and attach them to that invoice so there’s some proof that you offered an invoice and it was rejected. You would need to set up the email your receipts option, but this guide should be able to help

If you know their company name, I would add it just for my own record keeping if nothing else. It certainly wouldn’t do any harm to add it.

Hope that helps, but if you have more questions, please let me know :slight_smile: