Trial Balance for Year 2

Hi
I want a TB to give to my accountant. When I run the report the balances are correct for balance sheet accounts, but not for the P&L accounts, as they are adding the entries for all years. How do I get a correct TB for a particular year?
Thanks

1 Like

Please make sure that your to and from dates are correct for full year in question

Last year’s P&L entries are appearing as Opening Balances

Have you run year end routine for last year? its under Account seeting> All settings> Year end process

Yes I have, my P&L and BS are correct, but the TB is cumulative!

Best is give access to your accountant they can pull out figures they want, TB export is new feature in QF , no so great at present like other softwares but i hardly used it, i normally use P&L and B/S reports for my clients to pull out data for accounts and tax return preperation

Hi @cjw

The trial balance report should show previous years profit/loss under 3101 Retained Profit & Undistributed Reserves, which also appears on the balance sheet. When you run the year end tool that @FaradayKeynes mentioned above, this moves the relevant balances to 3101 for you.

I have run the year end process but it hasn’t moved everything. Could someone have a look?
Thanks

Hi @cjw

I can’t see any year end journals on this account.

There’s more information on this tool here. If you run this at the end of each year, it will lock the invoices and move the balances for you.

Hi

I did run it but it hasn’t created all the journals, this would be for year end mar 2015.

How can I fix it?

If you go to Account Settings >> Company Settings, you can amend your next year end date. If you put this back to March 2015, you should then be able to run the tool again.

I have changed my date but when I run the year end process it only picks up the corp tax entry to move to reserves.
My other entries were imported as opening balances with the date 31 march 2015, so I could start using the software for 2016. Do I need to change these dates?

@cjw can you try running now please? I needed to nudge back your opening balances 1 day.

Thanks that’s a lot better! I just have queries on the P&L OB in 3200 and last year dividends paid in 3101?
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.