Unable to delete bank transaction

I have posted to supplier which I have now deleted expecting the tagged transaction to also be deleted. I am unable to delete these transactions. I am now unable to reconcile figures with bank!

Try restoring the supplier then go to relevant bank/cash search for concerned transaction and delete from there

How do I restore the supplier please

Hi @slink

You can view a list of deleted suppliers by selecting the ‘Deleted’ option at the bottom of your supplier list:

From here, you can select the suppliers you wish to restore, and click the ‘Restore selected’ button:

I have restored the supplier but as the tagged item is saying that it has not been allocated to an invoice I still dont have access to delete the entry. I tried merging, but I still have allocated invoices for this supplier. How do I allocated it please.
Sorry, I’ve got myself in a bit of a pickle!!

The payment is locked because it is associated with a previous VAT return, I am on flat rate so this would not have claimed for. How to I delete this payment please.

Hi @slink

Are you on cash or accrual accounting for VAT? As the payment has been locked, it sounds as if you’re on the cash accounting scheme.

Has the transaction been created in error, or just been tagged incorrectly?

How do I find out which one I’m on, sorry.
I have unallocated invoices for locked payments. Some are duplicates and some have been tagged incorrectly.

Normally you would choose which scheme to use when you set it up. You can check your scheme by going to Account Settings >> Company Settings >> VAT Settings

Is this where, for example, you have tagged a payment to a supplier account rather than an invoice, and the payment is showing as a prepayment?

You may be able to sort out the transactions that are tagged incorrectly, but removing duplicates may require you to roll back a VAT return

But I need to allocate the unlock payments or shall I just put them as credits so I can reconcile

the duplicates have been correctly allocated, so how can I allocate the locked payments

Just going back slightly, I have checked the settings. I am on cash accounting

Yes, I have tagged some payments to a supplier rather than invoice

Thank you for your posts. I’m not sure if you’re aware, but in the bottom of every post there’s a little edit icon (it looks like a pencil) to add more information to your existing post. It just helps keep things tidy for other users.

We can’t comment on individual cases, but can offer general guidance with the use of QuickFile. You may find it easier to enquire with a bookkeeper or accountant to see if they can advise on how to do this correctly for you.

If you have tagged a payment to a supplier and it should be to their invoice, you can view the invoice, and then click ‘Log Payment’ and pay using credit. This will remove it off their account and allocate it to the invoice you are viewing.

As you’re on the cash accounting scheme, the payments are locked once you submit a VAT return. To unlock them, you’ll need to rollback the VAT return.

There’s more information on rolling back VAT returns here: