Uploading HSBC statement

In order to upload my HSBC statements, it seems I have to export the PDF file (as downloaded from HSBC) to Excel (via a paid app!), and then export to a CSV file. The only way to keep the formatting is to export to 3 separate worksheets. How do I then upload those 3 CSV pages to one statement? I think I must be ‘missing a trick’ somewhere…it seems like a VERY long-winded way of doing things?!

Hi @Mitramonday

You should be able to download a CSV file of transactions directly from HSBC rather than downloading a PDF and converting it.

I don’t have access to a HSBC account at this moment in time, but you the option usually appears on the Recent Transactions page rather than a Statements page.

Other options for you to consider are the Chrome extension (which although manual, can help speed up the process), or Yodlee (which again in the case of HSBC, is manual, but may help speed up your process).

Many thanks…I’ll need to investigate further (but not tonight!!)

After all that, I was intrigued enough to investigate before turning in for the night! Having spoken to the HSBC online chat, there is ‘currently’ no option to download in any format other than PDF. However, I have now found something called Zamzar which can convert from PDF direct to CSV…wish I’d found that before paying out for PDFelement6!!

Hi @Mitramonday

I’ve just checked this morning, and it is possible to download a CSV file of recent transactions. Simply select Microsoft Excel Spread Sheet from the download option:

If you view a statement, you can also see the same option at the bottom of the page:

Hope that helps!

Now I am completely bamboozled!!! I have checked myself (using Safari, and then Chrome) and, whilst I CAN download recent transactions in CSV (yay!), when it comes to statements, I have tried all ways (that I can think of) with no luck. I just don’t have any option (clicking on ‘download’ immediately starts the download in PDF):
When I tried on Chrome, I did get the following:
but don’t know what it means by “all files”?!
How come you manage to get all the different options!!! (I’m feeling hard done by here!)

Ok, I’ve just logged back in and added a few steps below which will hopefully help :slight_smile:. It’s worth noting that this is for a standard HSBC Business account.

Once logged in, select Statements from the left hand menu:

Then, select View next to the account you wish to view a statement for:

Select the date of the statement:

Scroll right to the bottom and you should see some download options. As with the recent transactions, select Microsoft Excel Spread Sheet, and click Download:

One last step, select Download:

And job done - your CSV file should start downloading (although mine did have a short delay).

This then imported all OK for me using the HSBC option on the import screen.

Hope that helps - but please let me know if you need any further help.

And thereby lies the answer!!! I was working from a standard HSBC CURRENT account, which is what I have been using for my business! Sorry to have been talking at cross-purposes! Maybe I now need to open a business account, something I was hoping to avoid…

Many thanks for persevering with my ‘problem’!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.