Using multiple types of invoice lines

Good afternoon,

I hope that this has not already been asked before in which case I apologise in advance.

I have 2 different types of sales invoice. My company sell books, but also training courses. For the books, I want to show the metric fields ‘Unit Price’ and ‘Quantity’. However, for training I need ‘unit price’, ‘days’ and ‘no. delegates’. Can I create 2 separate templates, or customise the invoice in some way so that I can select these fields from a drop down list?

I’ve noticed that there is an ‘item management’ page but not sure if this is what I need to be able to do what I’m trying to achieve.

Please advise.

Kind regards,

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

You could potentially use the time and item lines to vary them - item lines for books, and time event line for courses. You can add the selected type of line here:

The difference is mainly the headings - ones time based, the other is quantity based:

The headings are customisable under Account Settings > Invoice Customisation.

Select the items box in the middle, and change them (although bear in mind this changes it for all invoices, past and present):

As for the number of delegates, the only thing I can suggest is adding the number to the description/notes field, or add it as a separate comment line.

I hope that helps?

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.