VAT boxes changed to zero when I pressed submit

Hi, just over three months ago I filled in the boxes on my vat return and pressed the submit button but all the boxes went back to zero and sent to HMRC , I am now doing the one due now have the boxes filled in but don’t want to press the submit button in case the same thing happens again what am I doing wrong

Hi @Ian-Mariee_Bunting

QuickFile won’t edit these boxes for you, only on the initial load of the page based on the data in your account.

What web browser are you using? Is it possible that you have something that’s trying to complete these boxes for you (like you see with password managers for example)?

the first two sets of three months were fine it was just the last one that went wrong and i’m scared this one will do the same

What web browser are you using? Do you have any new extensions/add-ons that could be interfering with the boxes?

It’s worth noting that unless you are applying an adjustment, the values can’t be edited anyway.

google, nothing that I know of, also is there anything on here like a preview what it should look like before I send hard to remember far back what it was like

There are 2 versions, but the information is the same on both of them.

There’s a preview in our user guide (here: VAT Returns Guide). This is the older version. The new version doesn’t have the colour and is spaced out a bit better.

Regarding the adjustments, these are only entered as negative/positive numbers. For example, -50.00 would adjust that boxes value down by 50.00. If the return was completely full of zeros, on reflection, it sounds like more of there being no data with the report. This can be downloaded prior to submitting the return by using the “Download Calculations” or “Export Data” buttons.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.