VAT return showing as submitted, but not received by HMRC

Hi
I need admin to help here please?
I had a problem with my account and Admin sorted this for me.
I have come to submit our VAT for April to June, and on the VAT return is shows ‘Submitted 07/06/2016 18.47.256’ - so it was submitted to HMRC in time.

I have gone onto the HMRC site today, and they have issued an assessment for our VAT period - stating we have not submitted our account to them.

I have now had to do this manually on the HMRC site - with no doubt a fine from them to follow.

Please help.
Thanks, Soo

Hi @sooella3011

Please bear with us, I’ve asked a colleague to check our logs regarding this.

Either myself or my colleague will update you shortly.

I see your VAT returns are marked with the status “SUCCESS”, this just means it has been committed to QuickFile, not that it has been filed electronically at HMRC.

I’ve had a quick look and I can see that your last 5 VAT returns were saved to QuickFile but not submitted to HMRC. The last attempt to file electronically via QuickFile was on the 11th December 2014. You also currently have an email address saved as your VAT Username, so the credentials are almost certainly wrong.

With any VAT return filed electronically to HMRC you would receive an email confirmation and a Correlation ID would appear on the VAT return preview screen. If you look at the first VAT return, this has your correlation ID and HMRC messages attached.

EDIT:

I can also see 2 messages from HMRC on the 7th of June as follows:

Authentication Failure. The supplied user credentials failed validation for the requested service.

It looks like on the 3rd attempt you unticked the box to file electronically.

ok,thanks very much for looking at this for me.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Unable to submit VAT return - no submit button