VAT Return VRN Error

Have been returning via Quickfile for many months. I am now getting the error

“You are not authorised to view this report for VRN XXXXXXXXXX Please ensure that your VAT number is correct and you have connected the corrsponding HMRC Tax account.If you have recently enrolled on the MTD scheme please allow 24 hours for HMRC systems to update.”

I’m rtreally unsure how to fix it. I wonder if it is to do with something I rread about renewing every 18 months but I have no idea what this entails. Thanks in advancde,
C

Hi @Charlie

Disconnecting and reconnecting the link usually fixed this. Generally, if a link has expired, it should show up as “Expired”, as HMRC presents this as a different error. In that case, you’re given the option to renew there and then.

It may be worth taking a look at our troubleshooting guide to try and resolve this:
Making Tax Digital: Troubleshooting

Thanks Mathew,
I will see if I can get this to work. I think I had worked out the cause of this. But hopefully the attchement gives me how I detach and reattach the VATdetails.
I’ll let you know

Dear Matthew, Your suggestion seemed to work but I am now seeing an error in the return and have had an email from both quickfile and HMRC to say The submission for reference XXXXXXXXX was received on 04/02/21. Unfortunately it could not be accepted as it failed HMRC data checks.

To correct this please use the help provided within the software you used to complete your form and send it again. If you continue having problems please contact the Online Services Helpdesk on 0300 200 3701.

Can you help? The VAT number is correct.

Rolled it back & Tried again. Seems to have worked.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.