Wages on Balance Sheet

Hi

The wages for the last financial year have gone straight to the Balance Sheet. I know how to change the setting so that doesn’t happen in future, but how do I change it to shift the wages on the Balance Sheet over to the P&L? Also, it’s just the net wages, not the gross. How do I rectify this please? Thank you in advance

Hello @Phil26599

I know how to change the setting so that doesn’t happen in future, but how do I change it to shift the wages on the Balance Sheet over to the P&L?

As you say when the setting is changed it is for future entries, anything already posted would have to be dealt with a manual journal.

For help with this if you are unsure I would recommend speaking to your accountant for professional tailored advice as the support team are not registered accountants nor bookkeepers.

For anything beyond the very simplest case of a wage payment with no deductions for tax, NI, or anything else, you want the net wage payments to go to the balance sheet only. You then handle the P&L elements with a journal:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.