When can I find the year end tool?

Hi - I cant find the year end tool - link to create my year end… I did it last year but cant find it now!!!

Hi @gavinjconway

The year end tool can be found in your account settings. Please check out our knowledge base guide which should hopefully help

I have looked there and on there and the info says…
Accessing the Year-End tool

The Year-End tool can be accessed from the Account Settings area. “Year-End Tool” is second from the bottom on the “Account Settings” list

I dont have this so i have gone into all settings and created journals… hope this is right…

I believe this option is restricted to the main administrator only. If you’re unsure whether you’re the main admin or not, seeing whether there’s a ‘Team Management’ option would help. If you’re the admin, it’ll be under Account Settings.

In effect, yes, it is just a journal, but it would calculate everything automatically for you.

Ok I am the administrator so just dont know why I dont see the link… anyway I seem to have done it by crating the journals… It’s not too important as |i dont use this to do my books with - its just for all my invoicing and expenses etc that i do a monthly report and trf to a spreadsheet from my accountant along with some other home businesses that I have going. Thanks for the help…

Glad you managed to get this sorted, but I want to confirm that this option is available in your account as it should be there if you’re the administrator.

If you go to Account Settings >> All Settings, and scroll down to around the ‘Audit’ heading, you should see the option there:

Do you see this?

It is better to do it through the tool as this would also lock down any entries that are linked to it too, preventing potential issues further down the line.

This is where I had to do it from as per the year end process that you arrowed above… Strange that the link was not available… anyway its all sorted now except for the journals are not locked…

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.