Zero VAT Invoices appearing on Flat Rate Return

Hello,

This will be my second VAT Return and I am quite new in this Market. I face the following issue.

• I have invoiced clients in Greece (EU VAT exclude) but the VAT is counted in the VAT Return.

• Moreover, I would like to understand what kind of income I am going to see in the following:
    Flat rate turnover inc VAT. Although it says incl VAT, the amount I see, does not include VAT.
    Total value of purchases exc VAT. The second, is zero, because I guess is about the purchases where I claim return, right?
    Total value of supplies to other EC states exc VAT. On the third I see a value but I cannot understand what is all about.
    Total value of acquisitions from other EC states exc VAT. That is zero. What kind of acquisitions are to be added in that?

Any guidance will be much appreciated

Thanks,

Nicholas

Hi @Nicholas_Zartaloudis

I’ll try my best to help you :slight_smile:

As you’re on the flat rate VAT scheme, I think this post may be able to help you resolve this.

As for the other points, for the figures generated by the VAT return, you would need to have a look at the backing report, which can be accessed at the bottom of the return itself using the ‘Download Calculations’ button. I’d highly recommend that you check this prior to submission anyway, just to be sure. This will outline anything that’s been used to calculate the figures for the return, and would help you notice any issues or errors.

Hi!

Thanks for the reply and for the post.

I have already download and see the calculations. So in:

• Flat rate turnover inc VAT, the VAT is calculated but not presented in the report. What should I do? Add it by myself?
    On all the other parts of the VAT report, I may need some guidance on what they are and if there is a need to manually add specific amounts.

Thanks,

Nicholas

The VAT calculated would be your flat rate percentage (e.g. 13%) against your flat rate turnover (box 6). The VAT calculated should be in box 3.

Hello Glenn,

I am afraid due to the wrong calculation of EC invoices, the Box 6 is not correct. Is there any chance of someone to take a look on my account and do the necessary corrections?

Thanks

I’m afraid this is not something we’ll be able to assist you with directly, as it’s a bookkeeping issue. We can provide more general assistance here, but we won’t be able to go into your account and reclassify/tag items.

If you post some more specific details as to why you believe the box 6 figure to be incorrect we can try to guide you.

Ok let me present you the Calculations:

As you can see, the Original Calc. includes an invoice that is taged as EU VAT. and besides that, the VAT Return includes also the VAT total of the sales to EC Member state. That I can correct manually.

Still, because of that I assume that the VAT Turnover will not be correct.

Moreover on Box 8 I see a 95, and I cannot understand how this is calculated?

Again I apologise for my ignorance! Any advice will be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Nicholas

If you want these items off the VAT return, you need to mark them as Out of Scope as per the link on @QFMathew’s original reply. Try that and recheck the backing report, that should give you a lower box 6 figure.

Thanks!

That resolved everything!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.