Important changes affecting “Large” and “Extra Large” accounts

My husband and I are retiring and will finish our last major project at the end of this week. From now on we will only be taking on a few small projects, which means that our transaction numbers will drop dramactically. We will need access to our accounts from now until we wind up the company completely in 2017 but will certainly not qualify as a large user any more. Will we still have to pay the large user fee?

1 Like

Hi @suejin

The cost of £45 +VAT is applicable for all L and XL accounts with effect from today. It’s based on the number of transactions you create/enter in a rolling 12 months period.

In short, if your business is a L or XL account, then yes it would be applicable, but as you’re entering a smaller number of transactions, you may find you won’t need this after the 1st year.

Hope that helps

Not really, because we know that we will not generate anywhere near 1000 transactions over the coming 12 months, which means that we are paying for service we have recieved, not for service we will receive. We would be happy to pay if we generate more than 1000 transactions in the next 12 months.

1 Like

HI Glenn,
fee was paid a week ago and we have had to active our free 1 week to gain access to the system please confirm payment being received and activate our power user membership?

1 Like

@damndit payment received, thank you! We have updated your subscription accordingly.

I understand that you have decided to charge for your service, I had failed to realise that you would effectively lock me out of my account so that I am unable to export my data and move it without paying a years subscription however!!!

Are you holding my data to ransom? That would be wrong wouldn’t it?

Please allow me to export my data as the way you have gone about this seems underhanded to me. I had no idea that a one man band would fall into your Large or Extra Large account size after about one year of use.

I will expect to be able to get hold of my data for expert within 48 hours.

Thank you.

Steve

2 Likes

@ctsnww we will not and have not locked you out of your account, you a free to download your data should you choose and if you need a small extension we would be more than happy to oblige that request, just send me a private message.

Our account size calculations are not based on your trading status, or turnover but the number of nominal entries (Made up from invoices, purchases, payment, bank entries etc) on the account over a rolling 12 month period. This was deemed to be the most effective model as it more closely reflect the costs we incur to store, maintain and protect your data.

I have no problem paying but I don;t understand why are account has moved to L. We only recently started using Quickfile and I dont believe there is more than 1001 entries. I’d like Quickfile to confirm.

1 Like

Hi @Steve12

There’s a report you can use to view where the entries are coming from:
If you go to Account Settings > Company Settings

Click the little magnify glass:

And that would show you a count of the entries per nominal code.

Hope that helps!

Hi QF, i quite like the drill down that you have next to no of items. Its very helpful.

Many thanks

3 Likes

Many thanks for the reply Glen.

I have managed to get my data backed up as suggested, how can the account be closed? Obviously the data is private and I would like to ensure that the account is removed correctly.

Steve

1 Like

No problem,

If you run the account wipe process, there’s an option to permanently delete the account.

How can I make the payment for a Large or Extra Large account? If I go to Additional Services it says Active status, but yesterday it said it was going to be for 7 days only. Now I cannot pay. Why is it so complicated, even when it is for paying for a subscription? I want to have access to my account. Thank you.

1 Like

@ValR on the additional services page you should see an option to setup a Power User Subscription above the list of active subscriptions.

Hi Glenn

Just wanted to say again that paying £45 + VAT per year is very reasonable for the quality of software and level of service that you provide.

Very happy user, as always

edit: oops just wanted to add that it would be nice if there can be an option to pay the fee quarterly if not monthly.
As you know, i recommended power user route to my clients rather then affinity, so quarterly gives a bit more flexibility.
But to be honest, this is not an issue ( i ask only because you guys are very accommodating!) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello Glenn,

I think my account maybe mislabelled because we only set it up this year and added all details for the last 2.5 years. I only have a few transactions a month.

I really like QuickFile, but hadnt seen that the charge would start in December and it’s a tough month. Can the payments be spread monthly or can I pay in January?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Sara

If you’ve inputted 2.5 years worth of transactions in a year, it’s highly likely that it is a L or XL account. It counts entries by entry date, not the date of the transaction.

There’s nothing in place at the moment for monthly or quarterly plans, and I’m not sure if there are plans, but I’ll ask @Glenn to confirm shortly.

1 Like

Is there any way to move the recurring payment for this to a more convenient date in our calendar? 1st April would be great, but 1st January would be nice, too.

1 Like

Hi @iainhallam

At the moment it would just fall at 1 year after the activation date. For a lot of accounts this would be 1st December unless it was deferred. However, there may be an option of monthly payments in the future which you could use to push the date along

I’m disappointed that the first I heard QuickFile was becoming a paid-for service for my usage, when I was locked out of my account and ordered to sign up to the Power Subscription to continue accessing my data. There are 3 days left.

To be honest, £45+ VAT is reasonable, but not the manner in which I’ve learned about it and it’s been rolled out. No emails, direct mails, phone calls, nothing.

Had I been given enough notice I would probably have stayed but my bookkeeper and I have agreed to move over to QuickBooks, ideally with immediate effect, but 7 days isn’t enough notice especially over the weekend, in December.

Do I have to pay a full year for a fraction of the year I will be accessing my data?

Is there an easy way to export my data from QuickFile to QuickBooks especially the financial data? I have already managed to export the Clients and Suppliers but not the historical figures for them.

Thank you.