Website Outage - 19th October

@lucasconstructionltd are you on Windows 8/10, this guide will explain how to update your DNS settings. Different ISPs are updating at different times, but it should not take longer than a few hours now to fully update. If you can’t wait we are happy to help you with the DNS settings.

I can wait till tomorrow, or max Monday - but it is so annoying when you can not do your work… hope that this will be repair ASAP
I m on Windows 10 and did try follow instruction but on some point - have different options.

Hi @lucasconstructionltd

As per many of the posts above, QuickFile is accessible now. However, whether individual users can access it or not depends on several factors including your own computer and internet provider.

If the problem still persists on Monday, I’d recommend speaking to your internet provider as this is likely to be where the issue lies. Alternatively, if you’re using Google Chrome, @ian_robertspost above may be of some help.

Hi, the PayPal feed set up on my account is not running since 16th Oct 2016.

Can you advise please?

Thank you.

Hi @Laszlo_Todoran

This is currently being looked into. Please see the post above for more information.

Hi we are still unable to access Quikfile. We have followed all above steps including clearing browsing history, cashe, flushdns etc. Could you please advice? Thanks.

Hi @Ukaush

Have you tried changing your DNS servers at all? If not, what operating system do you use please (e.g. Windows 7, Windows 10 etc.)?

Do you use Google Chrome?

I have tried from several locations to log in using different desktops still no luck.

However, I got my daughter to try logging in from her place of work and she logged in with no problems!

Very very frustrating.

Hi @Anne_Ventilla

It’s because of the DNS settings. Are you using the same internet connection on those different devices?

No - office uses Virgin and home office using BT

There have been other users above reporting access issues with Virgin, so it appears that virgin stores the IP addresses for quite some time.

At the moment, you would need to alter your DNS settings, which we’re happy to guide you through as per my private message, or you would need to wait until Virgin updates things their end.

I’m afraid this part is out of our control.

Hi thanks for your reply. All computers are on windows 10 and we use chrome. I am too technical to change DNS servers etc. Might cause more damage. Thanks.

@Ukaush - If you’re running Chrome, the post above may be of some help for you

anyone who has a wifi extender attached to their network can try to log on to the extender’s wifi signal.
It worked for me.

1 Like

Mine is working now. hura!

1 Like

Managed just 1 invoice and it has now stopped working… I’m getting pi**ed off now!

Hi I have tried this as well but still not working. Thanks.

I’m back again…

A 3 network dongle is saving the day…

Hi @RickyCafe

We successfully moved the servers behind the cloudflare network on Wednesday afternoon which is what has caused the disturbance with the access. As the IPs have now changed (so your computer loads cloudflare first rather than our servers directly), some DNS records haven’t updated, which has caused it’s own problem, but unfortunately out of our hands.

Cloudflare is very good at what it does, and will certain help protect our servers against this type of event in the future.

However, we will release a full statement next week once everything has settled down.

@David_Colley - Have you tried any of the DNS server changes mentioned above? Or if you use chrome, have you tried @ian_roberts’ suggestion of the Chrome add-on? The issue unfortunately lies outside of QuickFile, and isn’t one that we’re able to resolve. You can however work around it with some of the suggestion above which has worked for many users.