Website Outage - 19th October

Good luck Guys

Shows how much we rely on you

Just logged on - seems Ok - keeping fingers crossed.

Iā€™m back up and runningā€¦ Hope everyone else is too. Thank youj guys :slight_smile:

Hi, Just wondering what happens if you can not get the system back up and running where do we stand?

2 Likes

Sadly not up and running yet!

Hmm ā€¦ Iā€™ve gone off line again :frowning:

Was up and running for a few moments, now back down againā€¦

There are brief moments where users are able to access certain parts of the site, but unfortunately these are short lived.

@PPBG - The system will be back up and running eventually, however we do not have a timeframe.

Iā€™m sure that you guys are having the day from hell there - we all appreciate your efforts :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What is cloudfare? Can we all do this?

1 Like

Cloudflare is a service that website owners can put in front of their public-facing websites to help protect them from denial of service attacks and other security threats. Itā€™s not something you have to configure as the user.

people saying they are up and running but still not working for me???

Glenn, I process all of my direct debits throu quickfile with gocardless. Will these still go thru ?

Still down Charlotte - will probably go up and down for the next wee while while itā€™s being sorted. Glenn will let us know when itā€™s fixed.

1 Like

Weā€™re still working to get this resolved. Thank you for your patience.

3 Likes

Hi Lee, so we do. But never mind, nothing will be lost. Eventually you can create new authorisations and collect existing ones directly from the Gocardless site. Probably you will need to update them manually when QF is back.

I just wanted to offer some support to the technical team here. As a Cyber Security trainer I am well aware of how a DDoS attack can impact on resources and I am sure that everything possible is being done to remedy this. What confuses me is how this came about.

My understanding of Quickfile and indeed one of the main reasons my company bought into Quickfile is because it uses Amazon Web Services as the back-end. This is a highly available resource which should have been able to guarantee 100% uptime because the service is housed on multiple servers in their cloud, in multiple different global zones as well. This should not happen.

The fact that it has is definitely a question I am absolutely sure that the management team at Quickfile are already asking Amazon AWS.

5 Likes

Iā€™m sorry but this is hard to understand, can you make the reply simple to understand for someone who is not tech savvy

Tinaandbarry, Quckfile is being attacked by hackers that are trying to overload the server (Called a DDoS attack). There has been no suggestion, at this stage, that security has been compromised (so no need to worry).

Cloudflare is a service that system admins can use to prevent hackers from carrying out DDoS attacks. Itā€™s not something that Quickfile users need to worry about.

We just need to sit tight and wait for the Quickfile guys to sort it out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The system - or servers - where Quickfile is located has been subject to a malicious attack (distributed denial-of-service (DDoS). This effectively means the site is bombarded with so much traffic that it fails and cannot allow normal usage. There is little that can be done until the attack stops other than migrate to a more protective environment ,which Cloudflare offers, and the management of Quickfile are acting quickly to do this.
Data should be safe and service will resume whenever possible. Hats off to Quickfile for dealing quickly to find a solution and although it is very inconvenient I am afraid it is best to hope for the best and run a manual invoice/accounts system (as I am doing) pending return of service.

3 Likes