Website Outage - 19th October

Thank you for your understanding, patience and support with this situation.

@lee @rudolph - If they were requested as part of the recurring invoices, they should have been requested this morning prior to this happening. I’d recommend logging into your GoCardless account and checking there to be sure until things are back up and running.

@MBITtraining - We host parts of the service with AWS. We are still in the progress of trying to fix this issue and working with Cloudflare to try and get things back up and running again.

For anyone unsure about what Cloudflare is or what they do, they have a page dedicated to how they deal with DDoS attacks, here, amongst other useful pages on their website

3 Likes

I am currently working with the Enterprise team at Cloud Flare to put our network behind their DDoS protection. The attack has not subsided so we have no option but to take these steps. Due to the technical nature of this change it may take several hours before we are fully protected again. These steps will also protect us against future Denial of Service attacks.

I apologise again for the inconvenience, we will do everything we can to get things up and running again as soon as possible.

6 Likes

Good luck guys. Thanks for keeping us updated. Looks like it’s going to he a long night!!!

1 Like

Thanks for all the effort you’re putting in. I hope you’re able to get things up and running soon so you can get off and take a break. I’m sure it’s proving to be a long and stressful day for you all. Good luck.

Thank you for the update guys.

Monday we created a lot of invoices and would like to print them. Can you will send One PDF with all invoices from Monday to my general email adrress start: mariusz@ ?
I must give this invoices to drivers for Tommorow morning delivery :frowning:
My account: traditional

Hi @MariuszF

We’re not able to do this at the moment unfortunately. Once everything is back up and running, we’ll be sure to post an update.

Our team are still working very hard to get everything back online.

Thank you for the updates - much appreciated. Good luck in getting the system back up and running.

Will my account with yourselves be effected? Don’t have it backed up??

All accounts are affected (see the above posts for updates).

All data is backed up on a regular basis

1 Like

So is this attack just random or aimed at Quickfile and what would the hackers achieve

Generally the aim is to disrupt the service they are targeting. They target various websites and services including banks (e.g. HSBC was targeted in January of this year).

As always, our team are working hard to resolve this as quick as possible.

2 Likes

Hi has any data been compromised in this?I have a lot of clients on quickfile and i need to do vat returns in time before my holiday of next week i have at least 2 vat returns to be done by 06.11.2016 but on holiday 24.10.2016 for week so im getting worried now that i wont be able to get them done.

Hi @jhanks1170

As per the posts above, the DDoS attack only affects the access to the site due to the increased level of traffic. We are continuing to work to get this resolved and will have everything back online as soon as we can

All I can advise at the moment is to watch this thread and the main forum, and we’ll post any updates here

I appreciate there is no defined timescale, but do you anticipate hours or days? Thanks for your efforts

While I obviously can’t guarantee any timescales, we are making progress. Of course, I’d like to say hours.

As soon as we have any good news (or any news for that matter), we’ll be sure to post it.

Thanks Guys

I’m sure your’e having a day to forget.

Many Thanks:persevere:

1 Like

It’s a relief to hear that the data is not effected and only affecting access to the site. Thank you for the updates.

1 Like

UPDATE
We are currently in the process of rebuilding on a new platform. Some delays will occur due to IP address updates. Appreciate this may not mean a lot to some users, but rest assured that this means progress.

There has been no data loss.

Again, we thank you for your patience in this matter, and we’re continuing to work hard to get everything back up and running. We will of course, continue to update you.

8 Likes

So to be clear, is AWS not being attacked? Is this solely at the Cloudflare level?