10 years of requests for Read Only Access Feature

Quickfile is so very good in so many ways. However…
Folks have been requesting Read Only access for the last decade (at least? certainly since March 2014).
You only need to read the various threads to see how much value (and peace of mind) that would add to users. I would echo all the use scenerios they have mentioned.
The response seems to be a straight “non” every time. Is this a really difficult coding issue or something? Could we have some explanation rather than a blunt “no”?
Thank you.
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Unfortunately the scope of the work needed to implement a type of read-only access is considerable, involving almost every part of the web and mobile app UI. I’m afraid it is not a trivial coding exercise that we could complete in a couple of weeks.

There’s not a lot more I can say on this subject really. While we will not rule this out in the future, regrettably there are other priorities that we must focus on that will have a broader impact across our user-base. In the meantime I would look at using the data export tool and potentially implementing restricted privileges for specific users.

Sorry it’s likely not the answer you were looking for, but I hope it provides some context as to why this feature hasn’t yet been implemented.

Hi Glenn
Thanks so much for the detailed reply. I guessed there was more to it and I’m sure that will help us understand the reasoning.
And just to repeat, the many excellent features of Quick file ARE appreciated!
Kind regards Jonathan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.