Add Date field to Create New Supplier Invoice screen

When creating new supplier invoices by tagging bank transactions the entry window allows Description and Supplier Ref. It picks up the date from the bank transaction date which invariably is not the invoice date. Please add the date filed to this window so this can be changed which saves having to edit the purchase invoice and speeds up entry.
This also applies to sales invoice creation by tagging.

If you know the invoice date that suggests you already have an invoice/receipt from the supplier before you paid the bill, so a better workflow might be to create the purchase records first via the receipt hub (where you can set the invoice date), then tag the bank transactions to the unpaid purchases instead of creating the purchases at payment time and adding the receipts later.

Thanks for this but the best workflow in this case is to identify payments and match invoices so tagging and creating purchase invoices is quicker but could be easier if date adjustments can be made.

I was about to request this same feature & I found your post. I agree with you and added my vote for this feature!. Every other field that is on the ‘purchase’ record template is already here on the bank payment tagging screen, so not to include the invoice date field (or a field that allows the default payment date to be overwritten) to the tagging screen window is a bit short-sighted.

1 Like