Add Direct Debit description to payment page

Hello,

Is there a way that I can add a custom description on the payment page? Some clients get confused when they see the term ‘Direct Debit’ (see example below where I have invoiced myself), assuming it is a recurring payment. I’m hoping that there is a way I could add a description to the payment page that should hopefully mean more clients use the direct debit option as opposed to BACS. Any advice is appreciated.

Hi @Gavin_Phillips

There isn’t a way of adding a description here. Unfortunately the text on the button has to specifically read as it is (as part of the terms of use with GoCardless, I believe).

We can certainly consider adding an option to display a description here (although it’s likely to be fixed). I would, for now, just ensure that you mention the option on your invoices, with a brief description of how it works.

Ok, thanks for the prompt reply.

What is the issue here with the terminology exactly? They are signing a Direct Debit mandate which can theoretically be used again in the future so they’re not wrong as such.

I offer Stripe and GoCardless and most customers pay with Stripe as this is offered as a card payment option, bit clearer for customers.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.