Adding Multiple Accounts from Same Bank with Different Logins

Hi guys, I purchased Subscription Automated Bank Feeds. At the moment I was able to connect my two bank accounts (Current & Savings) for RBS but unable to connect the credit card on ClearSpend. Although part of RBS they are not under the same login As a results, only one option can be selected at anytime like bank account. One can’t do both credit cards and bank account. Now the bank accounts have been connected, I need to connect the Card on RBS ClearsSpend. The thing is RBS has not appeared in the list of suppliers to choose from (perhaps because I have activated it for the bank accounts).

I see you have a separate option for ClearSpend on NatWest( https://clearspend.natwest.com/login) but dont have one for RBS clearspend(https://clearspend.rbs.co.uk/login) *you have ClearSpend for RBS under the RBS bank which disappears allegedly once an option for it is used. I need a way to add my RBS ClearSpend Card/

Please Advise. I need this very soon/

Hi @Cyphas.Solutions

Unfortunately you can only have one bank login linked. The list of the accounts, and the login options once you leave QuickFile, is controlled by your bank rather than us.

NatWest, as you have noticed, is treated separately because NatWest have separated the two out. I’m not sure this is the case with RBS, but I don’t believe it is?

Even if you’re not able to automatically import transactions through a bank feed, you can still import a CSV statement, or manually input your transactions.

Hi Matt. @QFMathew Thank you for the response on that. Well if the limitation is not your side then will see how my bank can assist, if at all.
There is however a separate ClearSpend link for NatWest and RBS as shared…

Is this the reason why the system removed the bank from the list once a connection is made?

Imports of CSV statements don’t come in correctly. It imports the credits as debits and debits as credits

It’s removed as only one link per bank is currently supported.

It may just need a bit of tweaking. Credit card statements are often the reverse of standard statements, but if you are able to invert these, you should be able to import the transactions.

Are the values in one column or two on the CSV? For example, do you just have an “Amount” column, or is it more of “Money In” and “Money Out”?

It may just need a bit of tweaking. Credit card statements are often the reverse of standard statements, but if you are able to invert these, you should be able to import the transactions.

Are the values in one column or two on the CSV? For example, do you just have an “Amount” column, or is it more of “Money In” and “Money Out”?

They are in 1 column…

Hi Cyphas.Solutions
If the amounts in your column marked with a minus for negative and without a symbol for positive you could reverse all the numbers. It is quite easy to do and you could also record this as a macro and run it every time before you upload a statement.
To reverse the numbers from positive to negative and from negative to positive in Excel you could use the Paste Special Multiply Operation

That means you copy a cell that contains -1, then use the Multiply operation on the Paste Special menu. This will perform the multiplication on the selected cells that we paste to.

Here is a quick screen cast animation that shows how to perform the Paste Special operation.

Reverse Number Sign with Paste Special Multiply Negative 1 in Excel

1. Type -1 in a blank cell on the worksheet.
  2. Select the cells that contains the -1 and copy it.
  3. Select the cell(s) that contain the numbers you want to reverse.
  4. Open the Paste Special menu: Right-click > Paste Special… (Alt,E,S)
  5. Click the “Multiply” radio button in the Operation section of the Paste Special menu.
  6. Press OK.

All of the values in the selected cells will be multiplied by -1. The result is that the signs will be reversed for each cell value.
Hope this helps

1 Like