Adding new team member already registered

How do I give my accountant access to my accounts. The accountant must have a Quickfile account I assume, but it looks like Quickfile have limited to accessing only one account.

Do they have to pay if they want to access my account (eg. more than one account)?

Or do I have to pay extra, if it so happens (without me possibly knowing) that they’ve already signed up to Quickfile. Seems a bit unfair to make me pay for something out of my control

Confused.

PS. It says “Free unlimited users” on the sign up page, so I must be missing something here.

Hi @redonion

An email can only be used for one QuickFile account so if you are unable to add your accountant, then as you say they may already be linked to another account.

You would have to use a different email address

Sorry, I don’t understand. The accountant doesn’t need a Quickfile account as they don’t use it for their own accounting needs – he just needs to access my account as one of my unlimited users.

How does the accountant do this?

If you go to team management you can set them up as a user there:

Adding new users to your account

If they have already been set up as a user within somebody else’s QuickFile account then you will be unable to add them to your account using the same email address

Sorry, I’m still confused.

The whole point of using the app is so that an accountant can access my figures…

1. Do they have to pay if they want to access my account (so, the amount of users is limited)?

2. Or do I have to pay extra, if it so happens (without me possibly knowing) that they’ve already signed up to Quickfile. Seems a bit unfair to make me pay for something out of my control

Fingers crossed this can be sorted, as I hate to think there’s some kind of catch/fee I hadn’t spotted, or been clear to me, when I started using Quickfile.

Expecting an accountant to use a myriad of email addresses seems a strange and unworkable concept.

Hi @redonion

There is no charge for team members. As long as you are using an email address that hasn’t already been used then you can add them.

If you are seeing an error - if the email has already been used then you will need to ask your accountant for an alternative email address.

There is a dedicated platform called Affinity for accountants that need access to multiple accounts. This allows them to connect to multiple QuickFile accounts without the need for separate log in details.

QuickFile Affinity overview

Expecting an accountant to use a myriad of email addresses seems a strange and unworkable concept.

1. So the accountant has to use third party if they want to access my account, along with other clients, simply using one email address/account – and a fee is involved.

I think it should be made clear on sign up with Quickfile that there is a fee for an accountant to access your account, as you could easily assume a UK accountant would already have other Quickfile customers.

As I say, the point of using Quickfile is so the accountant can access your account – and this isn’t clear at all that a fee is most likely involved.

Can you understand why I’m a little fustrated? I now have to go to my accountant and explain there is a fee for my new accounting software – that I had no idea about.

It’s not so much there’s a fee involved – it’s that it isn’t made clear up front.

Hi @redonion

I’m sorry for any confusion here.

It is free to add a team member to your account. If you want to add your accountant as a team member, please follow the steps laid out here: Adding new users to your account. To re-iterate, there is no additional cost for doing this.

The one thing to add is that an email address can only be linked to one QuickFile account at a time, so if your accountant had been added as a team member on a different account, they will not be able to use the same email address.

If your accountant has other clients on QuickFile it is likely that they have an Affinity Account with us. An Affinity Account allows accountants to log into multiple accounts from a single log in. If your accountant has an Affinity Account, they can add you as a client and access your account that way. For more information on Affinity, please see the following: QuickFile Affinity overview

These are the only two options available for adding your accountant onto your account. If you’re still unsure which one to use, it may be best to ask your accountant to get in touch with us so that we can answer any questions directly with them.

Unfortunately, I feel you haven’t addressed my very reasonable points, at all.

I think they have a number of times. I get the impression you’ve ignored the replies

Either ask the accountant to add your account to their affinty. Or add their email address to your team management.

If they chose affinity, they can add your account, print off the stuff they need, and then delink again, likely causing a nominal fee of a few quid in the process.

If they already have an affinity account, they will be quite happy to do it this way.

If they are already linked to another clients account, they can simply de link themselves.

That’s bordering on rude, suggesting I’ve ignored your replies.

Losing ‘a few quid in the process’ shows a lack of regard for your customers. Every penny counts. I don’t mind about the money however, it’s the lack of clarity.

Unfortunately, it’s tricky to discuss things by text rather than by phone – but I have all the info I need. Thanks.

Other than the point that I’ve tried to make, I’m happy with Quickfile overall.

Hi @redonion

Just to clarify, this is a public forum, and @Paul_Courtier doesn’t work for QuickFile - all QuickFile staff can be identified with our logo next to our avatars.

As my colleagues above have mentioned, your accountant can either use a different email address to access your account, or where they are accessing multiple accounts, Affinity is the better option. Affinity allows them to use one email address for multiple accounts. There’s more information on one account per email, here: Why am I restricted to registering only one account per email address?

If you have any questions or need any further assistance with these options, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

1 Like

I have only ever replied to you once so no idea what your talking about.

Please see the support team comment above. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.