Adding P&P to purchases?

I’m VERY new to QuickFile, so I apologise if this is a really basic question…

I’m trying to log a new purchase, and I think I’ve got the basics right. But I can’t seem to find how to add the cost of shipping. On the invoice I get when I’m billed by a supplier, this cost is listed in the bottom section, below ‘subtotal’, with VAT.

I don’t see a place for it on the purchase form. And I’ve tried adding it as an item on the purchase, but this doesn’t work with the VAT and the purchase total doesn’t match.

Can someone please tell me how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sami,

With postage you’d normally just add it as another line item and set the category to “Postage and Carriage”, hope that helps!

Hi Glenn,
Yes I tried that, but for some reason, it didn’t work with the VAT and the purchase total didn’t match the invoice I’d received. I tried it with no vat on the postage cost, and tried it with vat on the postage costs, but still it didn’t calculate correctly. Oh well, back to the drawing board :smile:

Generally there’s no VAT on postage, but you’d need to check the invoice your supplier has issued and go from that.

You shouldn’t have any problems getting to the exact figure, as you can modify the sub total and VAT amount field independently. Just match it to the invoice your supplier has issued.