Adding VAT to existing sales invoices

Is there a way to add VAT to sales on quickfile? I know I can do it by clicking on each sales invoice separately and modifying the invoice then changing the VAT drop down to 20%.

But I need to do this with quite a few invoices, does anyone know if there is a quick or bulk way to do it?

Hi @blades

Unfortunately there is no bulk way of doing this. The only way to change it would be to edit each invoice individually.

Hi,

So if you become VAT registered when you have been using quickfile for a while, at that point you then have to start selecting VAT on sales invoices?

Yes but you only charge VAT on your invoices issued from the date you became VAT registered, you don’t have to go back and add it retrospectively to invoices issued before that date.

As @ian_roberts mentions, you only need to charge VAT from the date you become registered. This is either dictated by HMRC, or decided by you (depends upon the circumstances in which you become registered).

It’s only as of this date that you should be charging and accounting for VAT. This would be the ‘Effective Date of Registration’ shown on the VAT certificate (available through your online HMRC account).

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.