Adjustments not shown on exported project P&L data

I use the project-level P&L report and generally find it really helpful in tracking profitability of projects. However, when I add a financial adjustment to a project and export the data, the adjustment does not appear on the list of elements that contribute to the P&L calculation. It is correctly included in the bottom line Net Profit figure, but absent from the data.
Related to this, the adjustment in the on-screen P&L report is just defined as Net Adjustments and doesn’t include the adjustment description text.
The result is that the adjustments have to be manually added back to the exported data.
Is it possible to add the adjustments and their descriptions to the exported project P&L data?

Hi @Tony,

I’m going to escalate this to the development team. We’ll take a look and report back shortly.

I just received a response from the development team and they advised me that the P&L will not show itemised breakdowns. In the same way the other headings on this report are aggregate totals (i.e. grouped by nominal).

That said there may be a case to have this report show itemised adjustments using an expandable section. I can put forward a feature request for this if you wish?

This would be something like a down arrow that when clicked would show the underlying adjustments.

1 Like

Hi Mathew,
The drop-down menu on the P&L report would be helpful. It would be even more useful if these items (or at least the Net Adjustments total) were also included in the data export from each project’s P&L page.
Best
Tony

I can confirm that they would be included in the CSV export. I will create a ticket on our internal system to get this looked into further. For now I’ve changed the status of this topic to “Planned”.

1 Like

Many thanks, Mathew.

Any update on when/if this feature will be implemented?

Hi @Tony,

We’re working on this now and it should go live as part of the next release (within 2 days).

Great news. Thanks, Glenn.

No problem.

The adjustment detail lines should now be showing in your project P&L export. Let me know if that’s all OK?

That’s working fine, Glenn, thank you.

Good morning, I have read through the 2019 conversation re the above and it suggests that this was done in April 2019. However I don’t see the drop down box for the adjustments on a project level P and L.

Help please

Thank you

The P&L summary only gives a net figure for adjustments. These are itemised when you export the P&L data to a CSV file. You can also see the itemised adjustments from the ‘Show tagged items’ menu in the project summary screen.

Hi thanks for responding. I have exported the project P & L but the adjustments are not itemised.

The P & L also does not show the net figure for adjustments.

Not sure what else to do.

Can I get a support call to go through this with me please?

Thank you

Hello @circleaccounting

I have sent you a private message regarding this.