Advanced search tweaks

Hi, is it possible to change the ‘Advanced Search’ box in a couple of ways? #

1. “Clear all” button, which cleared all advanced search fields
  2. Amount search - make it possible to search an exact amount by only giving it once, rather than having fill in both ‘from’ and ‘to’ fields.
    A cunning fix to 2. would be to make the “to” text clickable, which would transfer the amount in the ‘From’ field to the ‘To’ field and then launch the search

Thanks.

1 Like

Seems like these features would be useful. I will make an entry in our project planner and we’ll see if we can get these enhancements added.

OK some progress here particularly on point 2.

Now when you enter the first figure and just cursor into the second box, it will automatically translate over the value from the date or amount from field.

This should speed up exact date/amount searches.

This functionality has been applied to the following views:

• All sales
  • All purchases
  • Sales payments
  • Purchase payments
  • Bank statement

Regarding point 1, when you press the cancel button it will clear the search boxes for you, presuming you’ve already made at least one search.

Glenn, brilliant, that will speed stuff up for me, and lots of other people.

‘Cancel search’ removes the Advanced Search panel as well, so while it does clear the fields, you then have to click on ‘Advanced Search’ to start another search. My ideal would be for the panel to stay open (and for search to be triggered by Enter). That would then need a separate action / button to close ‘Advanced Search’ - but this might just be choosing another menu item or similar (it’s helpful to have it stay open while tagging).

1 Like

Excellent!

We mocked up another button “Clear search” but we felt it would then create some ambiguity over what “Cancel” and “Clear Search” would do.

We’d rather give this some more thought.

At the moment ‘cancel search’ appears to only close the advanced search panel, and not actually clear the search. That feels like a bug to me. In what scenarios would you want ‘cancel search’ to not clear the panel - normal UX would be for a ^ to roll up the panel without clearing it…