All Affinity events get logged under one name when there are multiple Affinity users configured

Hi there,

Our accounting company uses the Affinity platform of QF. We have three users at this time. I have noticed that in recent history any event regardless of who created it is logged with the same username (which is the admin I suppose). As we all have our own separate login details would it not be possible to log any event with the appropriate persons details?

Not sure if this should be in the Bug (or Support) category, but as we use Affinity account, I post it here - sorry if I’m wrong!

When a regular QuickFile account is connected to an Affinity account, a team member is created, in order to grant access to all the Affinity users. This team member (on the connected account) will by default assume the name of the primary account holder on the Affinity side. Hope that makes sense!

We could possibly look at still retaining the one team member for access, but overriding the name dependent on the session for a clearer audit trail. It’s probably going to require some time to get this working, but it is something we will consider in the future.

@csaba yesterday we rolled out an update on the Affinity system so that all events will be logged against the name of the actual Affinity team member that accessed that account. This should give you a much clearer audit trail when you have multiple Affinity users accessing different managed accounts.

2 Likes

Brilliant! I hope others will find it useful too.
Thank you (and the team)!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.