Allow PDF Attachments - Default setting for new client account

Hi there,
I am using Google Forms to create a new user account with Zapier.
Is there a way to force all new client accounts to default to: Allow PDF Attachments
At present, this is not ticked by default.
Thanks,
Drew

PS. I had tried the Global script option for:
$("#chkattachPDF").attr(“checked”, true);
but believe this only for use when creating new invoices and the option: Allow PDF Attachments, in the client settings has already been ticked.

PPS. Is there a simpler way for clients to create their own client accounts within Quickfile rather than using something like Gforms and Zaps?

Hi @neptunemedialtd

Unfortunately this isn’t possible. There’s more on this here: Why can't I send an invoice as a PDF

This isn’t something I’ve come across before? Are you able to give me an example of a use case, just so we understand the situation correctly, please?

Hi, many thanks for the reply.

When I setup a new client account. i go through the following process.
I email the client, ask for their business contact details.
I then add them as a new client manually at [myaccount].quickfile.co.uk/clients/modify

To prevent the email back and forth to get their details, I have now setup a Google Form, they enter the same details I ask for in the email, however they now enter that information directly in the form. Then a zap takes that info and creates a new client account.

Rather than this workaround, is there a form within quickfile that new clients can fill in themselves to create their client account?

Thanks
Drew

Unfortunately there isn’t, although it sounds a bit more bespoke to your business.

Would using our API be an option?

Thanks for the reply.
I use the API with Google Forms and Zapier to allow clients to enter their company name, address and email to create the account.
So guess will need to stick with that.
thanks
Drew

Apologies, what I meant was something a bit more custom through the API. You could incorporate this into your own website and branding that way too.

Although, some coding knowledge would be required.

Ahh i see, yes, I just found the API documentation and will have a look
Thanks
Drew

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.