Allow single date value on "Advanced Search" filter shown on "Invoice Management" screen

The “Advanced Search” filter options shown on the bank statement screen allow you to enter a single date value in either the “From” or “To” input fields (for the “Receipt Date” section).

This in-turn allows you to filter results to say “Show me records up-to date X”, or “Show me records from date X onwards”, as well as “Show me records between date X and date Y”:

This flexibility is actively blocked on the Advanced Search" filter shown on the “Invoice Management” screen (shown on the “QuickFile: Free Accounting Software” URL):

You are forced to input both date ranges before the search can be conducted for you. The date input fields on the bank statement screen highlight in red to indicate missing field, but it doesn’t block you from doing the search with a single date.

Can we get same this date-range flexibility on the “Invoice Management” screen?

Hi @zeeshan

I believe the current set up was implemented as a result of community feedback. If you enter a date in the “From” box, and press tab to go across to “To”, it will automatically pre-populate with the same date.

We can certainly consider this, so we’ll leave this thread open for others to add their vote/comments.

Hi

I think there is a mis-understanding to my feature request. I am asking that the “Invoice Management” screen search filter mirror the same search filter shown on the bank statement screen.

I want to be able to search without having to provide values for both date input fields. This would then allow for three date search queries:

• Show me records up-to date X
  • Show me records from date X onwards
  • Show me records between date X and date Y

Right now, I can only do these queries on the bank statement screen but not on the “Invoice Management” screen.

Ah yes, I see what you mean.

That’s no problem. I can see we don’t enforce this on the purchase side, so I’ve logged this for review.

1 Like