Any tricks to getting Amazon SES setup to send emails

Is anyone successfully using Amazon SES to send emails? I get an error on trying to use port 465 or 587

I have tested within SES to send a test email and that works fine, but cannot seem to connect QuickFile to SES.

Hi @sean1

I can see some other users have this set up with port 25. It may be worth giving that a go

Thanks I tried that but it also fails. Can you tell me if others are using an access token where the username is not an email address?

From what I can see, yes, the username is an access token rather than an email address.

Thanks @QFMathew I have tried pretty much every combination and for whatever reason it just doesnt want to work. Also tried different QF accounts just in case it made a difference. Password is 40 characters long but in theory the text next to the QF Box says it will accept up to 150 characters. Any other ideas?

Hi @sean1

There’s not really much more to check, other than your AWS configuration.

I have this set up on a test account which works as expected -

On AWS, this is set up with a Permission policy of AmazongSesSendingAccess:

{
    "Version": "2012-10-17",
    "Statement": [
        {
            "Effect": "Allow",
            "Action": "ses:SendRawEmail",
            "Resource": "*"
        }
    ]
}

With this particular access key, console access is disabled and there’s just the one access key.

The domain itself is verified, too (rather than an email address, although that should also work, too).

That’s seems the exact way I set it up also by domain verification and no access to console. I will keep meddling to try figure it out, thanks for checking.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.