API Client/Search ShowAccountReference doesn't work

I’m exploring the API right now and hit this problem. I want client search to return the account reference. Nothing I set AdditionalParameters -> ShowAccountReference to seems to work.

I notice in the documentation it says the data type is “byte”. Shouldn’t it be “boolean”?

Hi @Nurg

I’ve just taken a quick look at this, and byte works fine, although I agree a boolean is probably a more obvious choice. I don’t think we’re going to be able to change this in our current version, but I’ll certainly make our development team aware for future revisions.

There does appear to be an issue here which I’ve logged for review. However, I notice that if you set another value (e.g. ShowTotalInvoiced) as well as the ShowAccountReference to 1, then it will return both fields, which can obviously be used as a short term workaround.

I’ll let you know when I hear back from our development team regarding this.

Hi, thanks for your response. A workaround is as good as a fix for me… but that doesn’t work in JSON. I see that it works in XML though.

Thanks for the information. I passed it over to our dev team, and they’ve now released a fix for this.

Can you give it a go and let me know if that works all OK please?

I can confirm that appears to be working correctly now, thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 43 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.