API Full & Part Refund Credit

Hi Guys,

Just to say we are totally sold with Quickfile, its blooming brilliant. We are using the API seamlessly between our website and QF.

To date we have pushed circa 5000+ sales invoices and long may it continue.

Both myself and Tom (my developer) are pretty keen to have the facility to push via the API, part and full credits/refunds on the sales ledger side.

We assume that this feature still hasn’t been introduced, having looked at previous posts and responses in the Forums.

Would it be of interest to you to work with us to introduce this facility as I believe as accounts and websites become more autonomous and integrated, this is only a matter of time before more people require the same refund feature.

Not having a refund facility is causing us a fair bit of work/time regarding accounts and sales ledger reconciliation, especially in the context of reconciling sales processed using a payment gateway such as ‘Braintree’ (treated as a bank account in QF).

To have the facility to create a full and part and full refund / credit note would be magic and feature well worth while.

I look forward to your response and as always many thanks for your time and consideration.

Warmest Regards,

Andy

*** Should have noted that I believe Tom the developer is known to you guys and our site is bespoke, wrote in PHP. ***

Hi @Andy_B

There aren’t any short term plans here, but I will certainly let our development team know about your situation and let you know if anything changes.

It is something we would like to add on, because as you rightfully mention, it would be a useful addition to the existing API.

Too be honest the sooner the better for us! As we are growing this feature would be paramount to how we operate! I note that various other users have been asking for this facility since 2016, so one assumes the support for a refund API is growing in momentum! This would really stand you out from many of the other accounting platforms!

@Andy_B - I have some good news :slight_smile:

We’ve just released an update which will allow you to create a credit note against a sales invoice using the API. Check out the post below for more info:

Creating a Credit Note using the API

Hi Guys, that’s brilliant news! Thank you.

I’ll get Tom our developer to take a look and we’ll give you some feedback shortly. One assumes it does part and full refunds… I’ll have a read!

Once again many thanks!

Kind Regards

Andy

Looks good actually, I think this could work well for us! Leave it with us we will have a play.

1 Like