API Purchase_Search Method Call No Results

When I input purchase invoices onto our ledger, I put our purchase order reference (e.g. po3569) in the description field on the first line. When searching for purchase invoices using the description field in QuickFile, results are returned as expected.

However, when I use the API to search for purchase invoices with descriptions matching our purchase order reference, there are no results being returned.

The API had been working fine for a few years up until about 2 weeks ago when this problem started.

Can you have a look into this for me?

Hi @LC_Hydraulics

Sorry to hear about this.

Does the purchase still show up all OK on your account if you try it through the web interface (rather than the API)?

1 Like

Hi @QFMathew,

Yes, all purchases show up fine on the web interface.

I’ve done some testing with the API and can see any purchase invoice after QF06006, does not return results via the API. Any equal to or before that QF ref do.

Thanks for confirming.

Just I can clarify which field you’re saving the purchase order reference in so I can try and replicate this on my end?

1 Like

Hi @QFMathew,

It’s the description field of the first line item on the purchase invoice, which becomes “Purchase Name” in the QuickFile web interface.

Thanks,
Grant

@QFMathew,

Do you have any updates on this?

Hi @LC_Hydraulics

Apologies, we don’t have an update at the moment. It’s still with our development team for review.

As soon as we have an update, we’ll let you know here.

Hello @QFMathew ,

Just to add, I was trying to search for a transaction in the current account that contains the word “FLUIDPOWER” in the reference.
However the search results did not return all transactions which match the search term. The most recent transaction on 04/04/2024 is not listed in the results as expected.

In fact, when trying to search for transactions with other references on that date (04/04/2024), I cannot get them to appear in the search results.

Am I correct in saying QuickFile uses search indexes? Because it seems the search index has missing data. Obviously, I’m not sure if this is connected to the issue with the API. However, how can search results be trusted when the integrity of the results are compromised/missing? This is a serious flaw which should be addressed asap.

Hi @LC_Hydraulics

Please rest assured, our development team are investigating this and we’ll releasing an update on it shortly.

1 Like

Hello @QFMathew,

Do you have any updates on this bug? It’s making an important part of our CRM system useless.

Hi @LC_Hydraulics

This issue was identified on Friday and may now be live. I will double check with our development team on the situation, but if you want to give it a go in the meantime and let us know how it goes, please feel free.

Edit: Just to confirm, this was fixed on Friday and should go live today (Monday).

Thanks @QFMathew, looking forward to it going live :+1:

Hi @QFMathew, did the update to fix this bug go live? I’m still not getting results when searching for purchases via the API, and there are still transactions missing when searching the bank via the web interface…

Hi @LC_Hydraulics

Yes, this has now gone live.

If you’re still experiencing some issues with this, would you mind dropping us some examples of the requests and responses in a private message, along with your account number, please?