Are Affinity charges in addition to regular fees?

I have one company currently paying £60 per year, and am about to set up a new account for a second company, which will also pay £60/year. I have looked at the Affinity pricing, but I can’t work out if this is in addition to the £120, or instead of it. Please can anyone clarify?

QuickFile is free up to the first 1000 nominal postings in a rolling 12 month period then requires a Power User Subscription (£60 +vat per year) after that.

This is not the case if they are attached to an Affinity account

Affinity charges are for you having clients connected to your account.

Whilst accounts are connected to Affinity, the Power user subscription is optional for your client.

If a client leaves you and you disconnect them from your Affinity account and they are over the 1000 nominal posting threshold then they would be prompted to purchase a subscription.

This post from a few days ago may help clarify:

Thanks - they are actually two businesses I run, rather than a client, but I will be looking at adding the bank feed to at least one of them. Is that possible on Affinity without being a poweruser?

Also, I’ve paid the annual fee on the original company, presumably that just runs out and I start paying Affinity from the start?

Hello @ggtony

Thanks - they are actually two businesses I run, rather than a client, but I will be looking at adding the bank feed to at least one of them. Is that possible on Affinity without being a power user?

Bank feeds have no correlation to Affinity or Power User Subscriptions and are charged @ £15 + vat per year. They can be added to your monthly billing if you are on Affinity.

Also, I’ve paid the annual fee on the original company, presumably that just runs out and I start paying Affinity from the start?

As I said the the Power user subscription is optional whilst accounts are connected to Affinity.

If there is one running when it expires you do not have to renew it, we will still send you reminders that is is about to end.

Thanks @QFSteve and @ian_roberts - it looks like Affinity will work for me, so I am going to register the first account now and then create the second account from within the dashboard once it is live. I appreciate the prompt and clear feedback. Tony

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.