Attach Documents to Client or Supplier Cards

This would be very hand as a few of our clients have particular declarations thy have to sign and at the moment i have to attach it to each individual invoice if i can attach it to the clients file i only need to do it once

Is there any update on this as I now need to find a solution to providing documents to my customers for easy access and dont really want to direct them to yet another site to log in for different information

Hi @Ashden

There are no updates here I’m afraid, but we’ll be sure to update you here should anything change.

Thats a shame as I’ve always rated Quickfile and have always referred my clients to use it but as an Affinity user, if this isnt something that you are planningto do over 4 years after it was initially requested then unfortunately I will have no choice but to change for my practice and move my clients across as well

Just so I can understand the context a little bit better, from an accounting perspective, what types of documents would you look to store against a client or supplier?

As an accountant we would want to be able to upload the following into the clients dashboard so that they have access to them:
Client letter of engagement
Signed Accounts & Tax returns
Letters informing the client of their tax liability, payment due dates and potentially details of how they can make payment
Some other relevant correspondence i.e. late payment reminders

Most of this would be in PDF format

Ok, so for you it’s more from the Affinity perspective you’d be doing it rather than in an individual QuickFile account?

I think some of this could be covered with the Affinity workspace area (more details here).

Late payment notices can already be sent out through the credit control facility by email. More details on this can be found here.

No it isnt really through Affinity as that only applies to any clients that use Quickfile and that we are linked to. We still have other clients not using Quickfile that are therefore not on Affinity and as such we would want this through our own individual Quickfile account. Unless you are going to allow us to start uploading all client on to Affinity and not charge for those that done actually use the bookkeeping system.

The late payment reminders I was referring to was for late payment of tax not our own invoices

agree with this it would be useful

I would very much like this too :slight_smile:

Hi @S4lly

You can now add your support for this by clicking the “Vote” button at the top of the page.

This would be a fantastic feature!!
Voted!

We’ve now started planning this feature, we’ll provide further updates shortly.

2 Likes

I am pleased to say that we’ve now introduced the ability to attach files to client and supplier cards.

Within your client or supplier detail screen you will now see a panel showing the number of attached files, along with a count of all existing direct invoice, receipt or estimate attachments.

Clicking either of these numbers will open a modal box, highlighting the appropriate tab.

You will be able to drag your relevant files directly into the modal box under the left hand Supplier / Client Files tab. These files will then be grouped to that Supplier / Client for convenient access later.

At the moment there is a limit of 50 files in the viewable list, we are however implemnting further updates next week to allow for greater numbers of files to be stored and accessed here.

Thank you for your patience, and please feel free to provide any feedback that you think may improve this feature.

3 Likes

I think the new option to attach files/documents to both supplier and customers on the new FILE ATTACHMENT section is excellent.

Is it also possible to include copies of the letters sent to customer (held on the QF letter system). If the historic letters can’t be included, can newly created customer letters be automatically included?

Look forward to hearing from you on this suggestion.

Alternatively, is it possible to add a search facility within the ‘My Letters’ section?

Thank you.

1 Like

I agree this would be a great benefit or to be able to search from the letter itself!

Hi @mickrich, @Rex

Would you mind starting a new feature request for this please and we can track the interest in that? I’m just afraid your suggestion may get lost in this thread (which is due to be locked in the next few weeks).

Is there a limit to the number of files that can be attached? Also is there an api for this feature so that documents can be uploaded from third party software.

Thanks

There is a Document_Upload API that lets you attach documents to sales or purchase invoices, but I don’t think it’s yet been extended to cover client/supplier-level attachments.

This topic was automatically closed after 82 days. New replies are no longer allowed.